- This event has passed.
Mindfulness for the Professionally Anxious
September 8, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The evolution and psychology of anxiety, how mindfulness short-circuits it, a guided practice, and more. Recording available afterward.
This introductory-level session’s presentation includes:
- A look at the origins of anxiety and why it’s a uniquely human experience
- How our psychology perpetuates obsessive thinking (it’s not your fault, we come from the factory this way!)
- Numerous tools to rewire ourselves and unravel cycles of stress, fear, and anxiety
- How to use mindfulness and insight to calm your inner control freak
- Absolutely no PowerPoint slides 🙂
Activities after the presentation:
- A short guided meditation using the Totem Pole technique
- Two opportunities for journaling
- Contemplating “the most powerful question ever asked”
- Q&A with Ron
Who should attend?
If you experience stress and/or anxiety, this event is for you.
If you’re interested in mindfulness, would like to start (or deepen) a meditation practice, or are just curious how to resolve human angst, this event is for you.
Basically, if you’re human, this event is for you.
(No prior meditation experience is needed, although even seasoned practitioners will likely find some new context for their practice!)
Can’t attend the live session?
This event will be recorded, and ticket-holders will have on-demand access to the recording for 30 days following the event.
Limited tickets are available at three investment levels; please select the one most appropriate for you. Those with the means and generosity to choose the benefactor rate make it possible to offer tickets at the scholarship rate so that everyone has an opportunity to attend.
“Mindfulness in Blue Jeans … because enlightenment doesn’t care if you’re wearing yoga pants.”